If you try one pulp recipe, let it be this one! These cookies are simple, nutritious and seriously addictive.
- 3/4 cups flour (any variety)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/2-1 tspn cinnamon
- 1/2-3/4 cup sugar (I use a mix of brown and white)
- 1-2 tbsp honey or syrup
- 1/2 cup pulp (preferably from fruit/veg and with any large chunks removed)
- 1/4 cup oil (I use a mix of coconut and veg oils)
- 1/2-1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I use 60% dark and lightly chop them)
- 1/4 cup Shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line two cookie sheets.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Mix the sugars, honey or syrup, pulp, oil and vanilla in a medium bowl. Stir in the flour mixture, oats, chocolate chips and coconut.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto the cookie sheets. Bake for 13 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes.
This recipe is easy to modify. Raisins can substitute for chocolate chips; chopped walnuts for coconuts.