Yet another incredibly easy and delicious way to use pulp, this recipe never fails to deliver a quick and nutritious sauce. Use it as you would any tomato sauce.
Yield 4+ cups
- 2-4 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2+ cloves garlic, diced
- Italian seasonings to taste
- Salt to taste
- Additional veg, chopped or diced (optional)
- 1+ cups juice pulp (thawed, if frozen)
- 1 jar prepared tomato sauce
- Warm oil over medium heat. Sauté onion and garlic until soft.
- Add spices. Stir and continue to cook for a few minutes. If you using additional vegetables, sauté until al dente.
- Add pulp and heat through.
- Mix in tomato sauce. Heat through.
Sautéing the spices with the garlic and onion will create a beautiful flavor in this sauce. I’ve made a few different tomato sauces with pulp and this time I used frozen pulp — it worked perfectly!! I’m curious to try frozen pulp in my other recipes. If it works just as well, then I think I’ve just made a life-changing discovery.
[…] 2 + tbsp tomato paste (or 1/3 + cup tomato sauce — I used my Quick and Easy Pulp sauce) […]
[…] 1/2 cup tomato sauce (I used one with pulp!) […]
[…] 1/4 cup + Quick and Easy Pulp Tomato Sauce […]