The Tassajara Bread Book is an absolute gem. The breads are so nutritious and wholesome. I adapted this recipe from “Whole Wheat Muffins” and I must say, these are the easiest, most delicious muffins. They’re light and fluffy, but also nourishing and substantive. These muffins paired perfectly with my Beef, Bean and Pulp Chili.
Yield 12 muffins
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup juice pulp (any variety will work)
- 1/4 cup coconut nectar, honey or molasses
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Grease muffin tin
- Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl
- Combine wet ingredients in a medium bowl
- Fold dry into wet quickly, just until flour is moistened
- Spoon into muffin tin. Bake for 20 minutes
I just discovered coconut nectar and I am pretty excited about it because it’s a low-glycemic sweetener! I’m trying to cut back on the amount of sugar I’m consuming and coconut nectar seems quite promising. It has a nice sweet flavor (doesn’t taste like coconut) and has other nutrients like amino acids and minerals. If you’re trying to cut back on sugar, try coconut nectar. It might be what you’re looking for!