These cookies are sure to please any choco-holic. I used cacao, a natural stimulant, which gave me a good excuse to eat one whenever I needed a pick-me-up. I modified this popular recipe to include pulp.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature or softened
- 3/4 cup sugar (I used brown sugar)
- 3/4 cup juice pulp (I used a Classic ABC with golden beet)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour (I used organic whole wheat baking flour)
- 2/3 cup cacao (or cocoa, as in the original recipe)
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed (optional)
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts and/or coconut flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Beat butter, sugar, juice pulp, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl, until light and fluffy.
- Mix flour, cacao, baking soda, salt, and flax.
- Combine dry ingredients with wet ingredients. Mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips, nuts and coconut.
- Drop in rounded teaspoons onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until set
- Allow cookies to cool before eating